1. What are your published works, and what are you working on? I have fifteen published books: Mr Blank, City of Devils, Undead On Arrival, Coldheart, Daughters of Arkham, The Dollmaker, Everyman, Nerve Zero, The Last Son of Ahriman, Get Blank, Fifty Feet of Trouble, The Daughter Gambit, The Dark Price of Ahriman, Mother of Crows, and The New Dawn of Ahriman. I’m currently working on three different projects, all in various degrees of completion. There’s Wolfman Confidential, which is the third book in the City of Devils series, Quadrophobia, a horror collection about growing up, and The Girl Who Fell From the Sky, a fantasy novel with a twist.
2. If someone was just hearing about you for the first time what 1 thing would you want them to know? Deep Space Nine is the best Star Trek.
3. Did you always want to be a writer? Yep.
4. What has been the biggest adventure of your life? Probably fatherhood, but that’s pretty new.
5. If zombie apocalypse were to happen tomorrow would you be prepared? If you call owning a hockey mask and a baseball bat being prepared, sure.
6. What 3 things do you feel everyone should have to be ready for a survival situation? Know how to make fire, tools, and the correct rituals to insure the sun rises in the morning.
7. Who would you want with you if civilized society fell apart? Let’s see. I figure I need someone to do the fighting, and if it was zombies, who won’t get turned. I’m going with K-2SO. I was going to say Robocop, but if a zombie gave him a kiss, I’d be dealing with zombie Robocop and no one needs that. Then I’d draft Dora the Explorer. She’s bilingual, has a good sense of direction, and I figure she knows how to get around. Then, I’ll need a medic, so I’ll go with E.T. He doubles as a guy who can grow crops. Lastly, we’re going to need to set up a new society, and Leslie Knope is the one to do that.
8. What 2 books would be in your bug out bag, knowing you would have to read them over and over? Catch-22 and the Hitchhiker’s Guide.
9. If we were thrown into the dark ages what would you miss most? Not being burned at the stake for witchcraft.
10. What is the most surprising fact about you?
Keeping with the survivalist theme, I know how to make stone tools.
To keep up with all our zombie author interviews look for #ReanimatedWriters on Facebook and Twitter @AuthorVLioudis
Valerie Lioudis is the co-author of Aftershock: A Collection of Survivors Tales available on Amazon.